PLEASE call in advance so we know when to expect you AND provide assistance as/if needed. We also need you to complete a donation form (it is important to our other funders to see the support we receive from the community!).
Pinellas Hope is always in need of generous donations from community members like you, and no donation or gift is too small to help. Here are some of the ways that you can make a donation that will impact the lives of the homeless individuals and Veterans at Pinellas Hope.
We cannot pick up donations (see bottom of page for “Donation Do’s & Don’ts”).
Please deliver your items to us at:
5726 126th Avenue N., Clearwater, FL 33760
Online Donation Form
Complete this online donation form and submit it prior to delivering your items. If you do not have access to a computer, you may complete a hard copy form at Pinellas Hope. The Front Desk should ask you to complete one. If someone does not, please remind them and request a form. It is critical that we track the support we receive from the community, this includes donations of goods that benefit our clients.
Toiletries – BODY WASH and SHAMPOO!
Donation Tent – Tent Toppers (10-foot by 20-foot)
Disposable (plastic) Cups and Utensils (forks, knives, spoons); and Plates (paper or plastic)
Food – Meals
100% of the meals served are donated. 350 dinners each year are prepared offsite by volunteers and served onsite. We serve more than 400 meals each day in our dining pavilion. Learn more and sign up here!
Golf Carts – to drive disabled, medically incapacitated and elderly residents throughout the 10-acre camp and transport supplies
Automobiles – as you can imagine our passenger vans are driven many miles as we transport clients throughout the county to jobs, medical appointments and services they require to rebuild their lives. We are frequently in need of new (or gently used, late model) vehicles to avoid expensive repairs on our older high-mileage vehicles.
Drainage – Pinellas Hope was built on a swamp. We need to install a $250,000 – $400,000 drainage system so residents aren’t stuck in mud during the rainy season
Clothing & Household Items
We accept only gently used or new clothing items. We do NOT need furniture presently.
We provide clothing free to those residents who are in need for everyday living, job interviews and work.
Toiletries (personal hygiene)
When clients first arrive at Pinellas Hope, they are often in need of basic personal care items. 100% of our toiletries are donated.
BODY WASH and SHAMPOO are always needed as are disposable razors, stick deodorant, toothpaste & toothbrushes, shaving cream, and more.
Many residents live in tents; accordingly, we need the following: tarps, sleeping bags & mats, bug spray.
If you have questions, please contact Jeff by email or by calling him at (727) 316-1119.
Thank you and God Bless you for providing help to and creating hope for those we serve.
Donation Do’s and Don’ts
- IF you will need assistance with your donated item, please call the Front Desk (727-556-6397) prior to arriving at Pinellas Hope to ensure someone can assist you. If you cannot get through, please call Jeff Plooster at (727-316-1119).
- Please come to the Welcome Center with your donation or to let our staff know you are at the gate and require assistance (see #1 above).
- Please complete a donation form. While you may not be claiming your gift on your taxes, our funders require us to track the support we receive from the community.
- PLEASE only bring: ‘new’ or ‘gently used’ for clothing; ‘new’ for toiletries’ and ‘gently used’ for household items (twin-sized mattresses & frames, bedding, dishware, cookware)
- Please check this web page or call to see if we need what you would like to donate. For example, we presently have a five-year supply of toothbrushes.