Donate Material Items (In-Kind Donation) or Your Time
Pinellas Hope is always in need of generous donations from community members like you, and no donation or gift is too small to help. Here are some of the ways that you can make a donation that will impact the lives of the homeless individuals and Veterans at Pinellas Hope.
Make a food donation
Each day Pinellas Hope serves more than 400 meals per day in our dining pavilion. Most all of our meals are prepared and donated by our volunteers, but our kitchen is always in need of all kinds of food items including canned and fresh fruits and vegetables, meat, dairy, canned tomato sauce, dry pasta and rice, cereal, oatmeal, and condiments – and more. Learn more and sign up here!
We are in need of the following major items:
- Golf Carts – to drive disabled, medically incapacitated and elderly residents throughout 10 acre camp
- Kitchen Remodel – our kitchen is a ‘warming’ kitchen and we would like to re-design it entirely so it is a full-service ‘cooking’ kitchen
- Drainage – Pinellas Hope was built on a swamp and is need of a significant capital investment to install drainage so residents aren’t stuck in soup-like mud conditions during the rainy season
Donate to Pinellas Hope Clothing Closet and Donation Tent
The Pinellas Hope Clothing Closet and Donation Tent is a treasure chest filled with gently used or new clothing items as well as gently loved furniture and household items. Residents are provided with clothing and personal household items – free of charge – from the Clothing Closet and household warehouse. All donations are tax deductible and a donation form will be given from Pinellas Hope acknowledging your donation. See below for a suggested list of items.
Donate personal care items
When clients first arrive at Pinellas Hope, they are often in need of basic personal care items such as shampoo and conditioner, bar soap, toothpaste, shaving cream/razors and feminine hygiene products. Pinellas Hope does allocate a budget for such items, but donations from the local community are still needed. See below for a list of items.
VOLUNTEER – share your time and talents
Many programs at Pinellas Hope, like the Meal Donations, Clothing Closet and Front Desk, operate with help from highly qualified and generous volunteers. We are seeking practicing or retired volunteers with professional experience in the following fields:
- Meal Providers
- Vocational training
- Budget training
- Drivers (a CDL would be a bonus)
- And more!
Go here to learn more and get started!
If you are interested in donating in any of these ways, please contact
Missy Hardy by email here or via phone (727) 434-5071
Thank you and God Bless you for providing help and creating hope to those we serve.
Items we are currently accepting in the Apartments:
- Twin bed Frames, Box Spring, Mattresses
- Gently Used Sitting Chairs
- Gently Used or New Love Seats & Recliners
- New Twin Bed Sheets, Blankets Bedding Sets
- New Pillows
- Pots, Pans, Bakeware
- New/Gently Used Towels and Bathmats
- Trash Cans
- Mops, Brooms, Cleaning Supplies
Items we are currently accepting for Pinellas Hope:
- New Mens/Womens Underwear
- IcyHot® (or equivalent pain-relieving cream)
- Rain Ponchos
- Shoes & Work Boots
- Pants, Shirts & Belts (work clothes)
- New/Gently Used Sneakers
- Body Wash
- Deodorant (roll-on preferred as sticks melt in the heat)
- Powdered Detergent
- Grooming Supplies
- Ziploc® Bags (or equivalent closable plastic storage bags)
- Cleaning Supplies
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- New/Gently Used Blankets
- New/Gently Used Men’s Clothes
- Non-Perishable Food
We cannot pick up donations at this time. Please drop off your donations here:
Drop off site: 5726 126th Avenue N, Clearwater, FL 33760. You may drop items off anytime. Just pull up to the Pinellas Hope entrance and our volunteers will be there to receive your donations.