Catholic Charities, in an effort to expand services to the homeless at Pinellas Hope, partnered with the BayCare Health System to provide a space for recuperative care to persons who are discharged from a BayCare hospital and have no home to which to return.
Referrals must come from BayCare Health System in Pinellas County. This ten-bed program is housed within the shelter at Pinellas Hope and provides a space for BayCare Home Health nurses to visit the Medical Respite clients when applicable.
What we do: The Medical Respite program at Pinellas Hope provides temporary emergency shelter for individuals who have nowhere to go after their discharged from the BayCare hospital, and who are too medically frail to return to the streets but do not require skilled nursing or further hospitalization.
Primary program goals:
- provide a safe, secure place for homeless adults to recuperate after being discharged from the hospital
- monitor and support medical adherence
- identify and assist the clients in establishing a medical home
- assist and support clients with getting to their first scheduled follow-up appointment after their hospital discharge and thereafter
- assist with obtaining client’s identification, healthcare, and financial benefits if needed.
Contact: Sandra Grosvenor, PhD, RN-BC, Coordinator of Health Care
Pinellas County (813) 295-1561
Email: Click Here
Mailing Address and Donation Drop Off:
c/o Pinellas Hope: Respite Services
5726 126th Avenue North
Clearwater, Fl 33760